The One Diet Book That Will Change Your Life
When I found out Bob Harper (one of my idol’s!) was coming out with “The Skinny Rules,” I was first in line to snatch it up! I have three words for you: READ THIS BOOK. I decided to do a little experiment for you guys, and follow his meal plan for a week! Here goes:
- “Eat apples and berries every single day”
- “Eat protein at every meal” and
- “Stop guessing about portion size.”
- “No carbs after lunch”
- “No carbs after lunch” AND
- “No carbs after lunch”
What’s that you say – no carbs after lunch? SCREW YOU BOB!!! I THOUGHT I LIKED YOU!!!
I thought it was very fitting that in his book he says, “I don’t want these rules to be liked, I want them to last!” Because it’s TRUE…
Highs of the week:
- Cooking some awesome turkey meatballs, salads and snacks – and pre-portioning them out each day to eat!
- Cooking healthy, yummy stuff for my husband (and me!) to enjoy. John loved the salmon, chicken and steak recipes – and he is one of the pickiest eaters in the world. He even liked the turkey meatballs!
- Eating more fresh veggies! I realized how few veggies I was eating – I know I should eat them, but this was a great reminder that you should only eat 4 oz of meat (fish is 6 oz) and fill up on the greens!
Lows of the week:
- Carb cravings. I think it was mostly mental, but eliminating food groups does not work well for me. Just knowing I couldn’t have carbs after lunch wanted me to go in for a HUGE plate of pasta.
- On the last day I hadn’t gone grocery shopping in a week, and was running low on fresh produce. I skimped on veggies that last day and felt even hungrier!
- Sweet cravings. Ties into carb cravings, but one of Bob’s rules is to eliminate all added sweeteners and artifical sweeteners to retrain your taste buds. I made it until 3pm one day and caved with a mocha cookie crumble frappachino from Starbucks. Maybe it’s not so bad that I got a 180 calorie “skinny” version? 🙂
I don’t know how many diet books I’ve read, but they always go out the wayside when I close it! This book literally became my Bible. I opened it every single day to remind me to stay focused and keep my eyes on the prize. That sweet, sweet pair of skinny jeans!
P.S. I will definitely continue eating Bob’s – and my – favorite snack… cucumbers and hummus!
Posted on June 14, 2012, in Sweaty by Day and tagged Biggest Loser, Bob Harper, diet, Diet Book, Diet Review, Recipes, The Skinny Rules, The Skinny Rules Review, Thin, Turkey Meatballs. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.